Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Dracula 2" May Really Suck (But in a Good, Vampirey kinda Way)

They are making a sequel to "Dracula." Let me rephrase that. They are writing a sequel to "Dracula." As soon as I read this article from ShockTillYouDrop, I knew I had to post something about the project. I planned on being witty, perhaps penning a smarmy comment mocking the inherent lameness of attempting to draft a sequel to "Dracula," which is unquestionably one of the most important and influential novels ever written. As I mentioned yesterday, I can't stand people dabbling in worlds they didn’t create.

I planned to mock it until I watched the trailer. Although the video looks cheap and cheesy (like most Dracula sequels), it managed to change my mind. Apparently, they got one of Bram Stoker's decedents and a Dracula historian to write it using Stoker's original, handwritten notes as a guide. That's pretty damn cool.

So while it still may end up sucking harder than a toothless vampire, I'm defently going to have to give it a read. It's entitled "Dracula: The Un-Dead" and will be released on October 13th.

Pic

No comments:

Post a Comment